Reasons why I should not have tumblr:
1. It encourages me to be excessively whiny in ways that I already am in person, but are really exacerbated in writing. Sometimes if I shouldn’t feel comfortable saying something, I probably shouldn’t be comfortable writing it. Honestly.
Would I feel comfortable saying “HEY I GOT INTO MOST OF THE SCHOOLS I APPLIED FOR, BUT I’M STILL WHINING ABOUT HOW I CAN’T GRADUATE WITH HONORS?” Especially to a lot of my friends who didn’t get into any schools this year? No way jose, that’s just insensitive, but because I sometimes assume my tumblr audience is only myself, I say things like that to myself to give myself goals. But to the outsider it just looks pretentious and sometimes the dual purpose of writing for yourself and yet also for others is totally incompatible.
2. It encourages me not to confide in people IRL. Because tumblr is like an all-accepting word vomit. Kinda like Jane for Miro from the Ender’s Game book I’m reading, but not really. But reality is not a blog. Reality is people and relationships.
3. I’m close to starting a new section in my life. And to come back to this site with people from olden and different times is maybe insightful, but mostly anchors me in the past and doesn’t let me move on to where I should go and forge meaningful relationships with the people around me. That’s kind of what happened with livejournal during the high school/college transition.
4. It’s just the nature of tumblr, that you have to scroll through so much stupid stuff and flailing cats to find the good stuff. Not that I don’t enjoy flailing LOLCATs or whatever, but I know there are other things that I would rather be enjoying.
5. Adventure is frickin’ out there. And by THERE, I mean, not on tumblr. And I wanna frickin’ go find it.
I haven’t not had an online blog for hmm… maybe 10+ years? Holy cow, let’s give this paper and real-world thing a try shall we?
Thierry Cohen thought of an ingenious way to show what the night sky would look like without light pollution.
He starts by photographing the stars above less populated areas that fall on the same latitudes. He then replaces the polluted skies above the cities with pristine views of what they could be seeing every night.
This site. Is amazing. <3
Calculating net present worth of the coming 4 years of debt for my different schools. I honestly do enjoy my econ class.
TEXAS AND WCVM LET ME IN!!!! I DON’T WANT TO WAIT ANYMORE!!!!! :<
Man I would have been SO happy to be in my current situation a few months ago. But now I just want more. More acceptances, more money, more prestige, more e’erything plz kthnx. Oh also really pissed off at how I can’t get A’s in 2 of my classes because I bombed the midterms the week I was super busy interviewing AT SCHOOLS I GOT INTO(!) so I really shouldn’t be complaining, because all I need are C’s at this point.
BUT I AM ON THE VERY VERGE OF GRADUATING WITH HONORS SO LET ME HAVE THIS SMALL BIT OF SUPERFICIAL FALSE-IMPORTANCE THAT WON’T MATTER A SINGLE BIT IN 4 YEARS PLEASE. And then I’ll go to x vet school and stress about grades and summer internships and residencies all over again. LIvin’ the dream and still stressy as always.
It’s so hard to just appreciate and be happy with what I have. But then again, life wouldn’t be quite so interesting if I wasn’t always running around chasing after something. I actually do enjoy the challenge, despite everything. (: